From:
Thomas Murach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:12:38 -0800
Hah! If only 50% of existing harpsichord copies were worth playing...

Now I did come a cropper when (1997) I carefully, yes, ever so carefully, copied the register angle on the delin spinet plan. On testing the glued-up register in the case the bass strings ended up outside the spine. I didn't laugh so very much, but made a new register instead. C'est la vie! Still, anyone redoing this instrument will perhaps measure or glue up even ever so more carefully and avoid this particular problem.

Yeah, I should know better, never mention one's 'miséres' on the H-list..Should I co-co-ri-crow and say it's a great little spinet, still very happy in Annecy?

Oh: P.S.
For francophones  there's a do in Lyon le 8 and 9 March about and around the Donzelague in their museum of Fine Arts and Decorative Tissues. I'm hoping for a booze-up!  l'Olympique Lyon is playing away so there should be parking...

link:

http://www.clavecin-en-france.org/spip.php?article135

Thomm