From:
noel jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:31:10 -0400
While working on one of the Bach Viola d'Gamba and Keyboard Sonatas, No.
3 in G Minor, I noticed that the first 8 measures in the first movement
are figured until the melodic line appears in the treble clef for the
keyboard. (reprint of the Bach-Gesellschaft)

It made me wonder if at that time keyboard players were insulted when
the composer wrote out the entire continuo part rather than just
providing the figured bass and relying upon the taste and ability of the
continuo keyboard person to realize it for him/herself?

Sorry, if this is a topic that has been covered already, I missed the discussion!
--
noel jones, aago

• rodgers organ users group:  www.frogmusic.com/rodgers.html