From:
"Stanley E. Guy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2008 05:46:50 -0800
Peter ----

           Can you make mine with a Tex-Mex accent?

                              Stan

Peter W Redstone <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Hi folks! David P wrote:,

>The station in question was WRR 101.1 and I cannot stand the toffee
>nosed English guy,
>Christopher Hackett. He makes me want to throw up or punch him in
>the face. I left England to get away from people like that.

Oh dear! I suggest that David not come to the Williamsburg
Virginia area then, where many TV commercials are spoken by a Brit!
Since moving here I have found that my accent has largely reverted to
my native British, since that is the most appreciated. I didn't do it
consciously - in fact I didn't even think about it till now! But
I'll try my damnedest not to sound too toffee-nosed! (On the upside,
many a young girl has fluttered her eyelashes at me and commented on
my accent: very gratifying to an old geezer!!!)

Interestingly, Tangier Island Virgina is reputed to have the most
perfectly surviving Eizabethan accent extant, centred on a
Shakespearean Warwickshire dialect. The speech has been much
recorded, because of course, it's disappearing fast among the younger
generation.

Of course, my harpsichords speak with an English accent too! (but I
wonder how a troffee-nosed harpsichord sounds?) LOL!

Best!

Peter Redstone
http://www.ctg.net/redstone