From:
Rodney Myrvaagnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:49:30 -0500
In old Italian spinetti or virginals, little taper pins of ivory, bone, or box, I think. It would be hard to be sure they are original, but 3 little tapered holes is what I have seen.

The Obici has the holes, and they look old, but no pins. I made boxwood pins that are obvious replacements (not darkened) but do the job. Similar issues arise with the jackrail.

Rodney Myrvaagnes

Please send emails to
rodneym (AT) alumni (DOT) tufts (DOT) edu
with obvious corrections.