From:
"d. collins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 12:37:53 +0100
William Jurgenson écrit:
>whole tone transpositions in meantone present no problem, and there is
>absoutely no reason to assume a hlf not tranposition. With a Ruckers
>transposer (or a chromatico) half tone transpostitions are also
>possible; that is what they are for.
>
>In fact, C's comments about transposing more likely point exactly to
>meantone more than anything else, save the very unlikely ET.

Are you by any chance suggesting that this piece could be transposed a
whole tone lower? Or isn't this in response to my initial query?

The continuo part has A flats and D flats on long values, by the way, and
there is even a cadence in B flat minor. That's why I didn't think one
could decently go any further on the flat side. A whole tone lower would
add two more flats...

Dennis