From:
Judith Conrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:37:33 -0400
Hi Tony, just checked the h-l archives, my message from 9 this morning got
on, you replied to it. I haven't gotten any e-mail since 8 this morning,
ISP claims it's a system problem, whatever that is. I have web access...

Anyhow, nice to have you back. Muselaar? They're supposed to have more
central plucking points than virginals or spinets, and therefore be louder
and more in-your-face? Is that the idea? The next step up from the spinets
with 'tude you were making for rock bands before?

There's some sort of important point behind Fender moving Guild, I think.
Yeah, MAYBE you can make a consistent product in a consistent environment,
but you're only going to make a great product with workers who know how to
deal with all the little details, like this piece of wood being different
from that, and today being hotter and more humid than yesterday. And they
are going out into an inconsistent world, and that's never gonna change.

Judy
I hate people who send test messages to mailing lists, but maybe I will
cc: this to it anyhow, see if I get a confirmation... It is after all
sort-of on-topic. Anybody out there want to build me a summer 17th century
clavichord that works in a steambath?