From:
Rodney Myrvaagnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2008 14:23:13 -0500
AFIK 'stone' is British. I have no trouble between pounds, feet, kilos, metres in my head, but I have never been able to remember stone, although I have been told once or twice, always by a Brit, or maybe a Bermudian.

> SI - system Internationale - a standardised international metric
> system. FPS - feet and pounds
> I am always amused when a US retiree (there are quite a few here in
> Queensland) during a medical consultation asks when how many stones
> and pounds they weight after I have given it in kilos. Stones? you
> measure weight in rocks?
> Back to harpsichord content, Wil Smith would have measured his wire

Rodney Myrvaagnes

Please send emails to
rodneym (AT) alumni (DOT) tufts (DOT) edu
with obvious corrections.