From:
"Kelzenberg, David C" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 2016 22:31:28 +0000
I was contacted by a PIPORG-L subscriber, Jim Kistler, concerning a harpsichord that is available in Pasadena, CA.  It has been inherited by someone who wishes to find it a new home.  Unfortunately the information Jim has is limited (see below), but anyone who might be interested can contact Jim at [log in to unmask] to be put in contact with the owner.  What details we have are below; it is described as "triangular" so it is probably either one of those triangular-shaped harpsichords built by, was it deBlaise? Or more likely a virginal.  It is at least 40 years old so is either a late revival instrument or an early historical era instrument.  It sounds as if it might be acquired for nothing, or next to nothing.

dk