From:
Steven Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2010 17:20:03 -0700
Dear List members,

I can not retract my statements nor the emotions behind them.  If I displayed
bad manners, it would be for voicing an opinion when she couldn't defend
herself. This would mean critical commentary, editorial comments, and analysis
are flames of one sort or another if posted by email, unless one was
an inhabitant of the planet Vulcan.

From PC magazine: Definition of: flame

"To communicate emotionally via e-mail. Just as people might differ about what
is polite behavior and what is not, whether an e-mail message is flaming is also
in the eye of the beholder. Vulgar cursing would definitely be flaming,
however."

Although my post did not contain profanity,  vulgar or otherwise (nor did any
other email),  I do feel passionately about said artist's keyboard
performance as another list member graciously put, 'piano based technique,"
which I expressed.

For those who wish to know more about the lady, her bio is at
http://www.harpsichord.org/bios/elaineBio

Notably, she is the Founder-director of Harpsichord Unlimited, a non-profit
organization dedicated to promoting the harpsichord, its history and its music.
Adelphi University recently appointed Elaine Comparone  Professor of
Harpsichord.

So the tent just got bigger, especially if her students follow in her
footsteps and mimic her harpsichord technique.

On the other hand, maybe the tent isn't getting bigger

"From Adelphi U. website: