From:
William Jurgenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 May 1998 07:02:12 +0100
calhoun wrote:
A vaguely related question ...  has someone found another set
>of relationships among the pieces to make the performance more
>than [in the words of Alan Curtis, referring to something else],
>more than the recitation of a table of contents?
>
>                                                calhoun

Prof Christoph Bossert is preparing a book on exactly this subject for the
WTC II. I have read extracts and have heard him play it more than once and
can assure you that it is not a "recitation of a table of contents" and the
that the published order is part of a plan comparable to the b minor Mass
or the Kunst der Fuga. And proving that it was meant as one piece, not a
collection of exercises in counterpoint.
regards, Bill

William Jurgenson
Keyboard Instrument Maker