From:
Rodney Myrvaagnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2008 23:08:17 -0500
I am sure David is right. I admit to 71 years, and was thinking back to hearing a harpsichord for the first time in Sanders theater, at Harvard. Probably 60 years ago.

My memories of the two were that one looked like a baby grand piano, and said Ypsilanti as the place of origin, which I guess means Challis. The other was an antique italian w/o outer case that looked to me like an unfinished coffin. I think now that it may have been the instrument called "F.A" in Hubbard.

The sounds did not make a big impression at the time. Hence my "tinkle."

> At 00:32 03-02-08, Rodney Myrvaagnes wrote:
>
>   >Most people first hear a harpsichord as a tinkle on a distant stage.
>
> Actually, I think that most people probably first hear a harpsichord
> on a CD recording of a baroque ensemble work.  I have heard many such
> recordings on the radio recently and they have all shared the same

Rodney Myrvaagnes

Please send emails to
rodneym (AT) alumni (DOT) tufts (DOT) edu
with obvious corrections.