Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:09:28 -0700
FWIW, I have this problem with rented orchestra music.  In theory, markings
are supposed to be erased before the music gets sent back, but I frequently
end up with parts that have fingerings written in that don't work well for
me, but must have worked for whoever did the markings.  Sometimes they do
work, on the other hand.  I just erase 'em if I don't like 'em.  Also,
sometimes studying what worked for somebody else can be instructive in a
general way.  I don't remember anyone ever mentioning HIP authenticity in
that context.

JB