From:
Tilman Skowroneck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2008 08:49:08 -0500
On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 06:03:29 -0600, James McCarty <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In Bill Dowd's Cambridge shop years ago, there was a similar sign stating,
>"It's hard to build a harpsichord." Somehow I recall that the aphorism was
>attributed to Frank Hubbard; someone else may have a better memory.
>
>Underneath, a customer had written: "Try playing one."

I swear I am not lying:
On June 27, 2006 on entering the final year of my thesis, I copied the
following line from this very list, pasted it into Word, re-formatted it in
fat style Garamont 28 points, printed it out and pinned it to one of the
fake beams that a) symbolize the former house owner's idea of a rustic
timberframe interior and b) line our home office's walls. It's still there,
staring at me while I type.
The message comes from list member Bill J., who, by posting it, made my book
possible.

"For crying out loud! Just learn to do it. It ain't that hard"

Tilman

www.skowroneck.de