From:
David Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 08:58:38 -0500
At 07:04 20-03-05, Ibo Ortgies wrote:

>In the meantime a couple of comments concerning Froberger's possible
>choices of temperament:

Thank you Ibo for providing the evidence that I didnt have for the split
keys solution.  Of course, what we know about instruments in 16/17C Vienna
is still the tip of the iceberg; but it is sufficient to tip the scales in
favour of meantone with split keys for Froberger's 6th Toccata and other
pieces.  Does anyone really want to defend the theory of Pachelbel's use of
the LST?

I also shall await with interest further information from Bradley/OUP on
the LST.

david