From:
Penny Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2007 17:21:47 -0400
Hello List Members,

I sang one of the mean's in the Tallis 40-part motet  "Spem in alium" as
a member of the Michigan State University Chorale under director Charles
Smith at the Wharton Center in East Lansing (early 80s as I recall).
The quintets were separated on stage and along the aisles near the front
of the hall, and it worked well, always tricky to separate parts in a
large ambient concert hall.  In this particular instance, I would also
have enjoyed hearing the ensemble from the perspective of the listeners
in the audience.

Cheers!
Penny Draper