From:
ANDREW NOLAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:12:59 +1000
Where are the kits?  no -one ever seems to mention the contemporary
ones with any affection. They were once an accessible  way to acquire
a harpsichord, alas they are more expensive than ever. I note that
Hubbard have stopped making their fortepiano kit.  Will Zuckerman or
TPW  cease production too? What are we seeing here? What happened
to the quest for authenticity? 'simple' jacks? Or is it now that we
know a bit more the modern interpretations and models altered for
maximal appeal  are like yesterday's leftovers?
sorry, end of rant.