From:
Bill Jurgenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 05:10:33 +0100
On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 20:18:22 -0600, David Pickett wrote:
> the harpsichord is balanced too loud.

Wait a minute!
I would say that has a lot to dowith what kind (not maker) of hpschd it
is. While certianly true of a french double, a good italian or german
is more probably too loud for both the instrumentalists and the
recording people. Definitely true of the 3x8 belonging to my claviorgan
which the usual organbuilders think even too loud for the organ.

Another aspect is that somepeople are learning to place the hpschd
correctly.