From:
David Calhoun <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:02:30 -0800
A vague recollection -

some decades past a seattle personage making objects which fit a
dictionary definition of "harpsichord" often strung the somewhat
foreshortened (on a heavy case) bottom notes (roughly FF to C) in
a white wire which someone told me might be berryl alloy.  Would
this stuff, which iirc sounded a bit better than thick hard yellow
brass in this context, possibly have been this same thing?

One wonders whether there is a name for copper alloys with other
than the usual metals.

dc

--
This mailbox is one of several to which mail is shunted when I'm
away from the Seattle computer.