From:
Jack Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:44:51 -0800
Readers,   If you have gut or nylon strings on your lautenwerk then it is
definately worth fussing with leather.
         And if you have a real peau de buffle choir, even real quill won't
do. Indian water buffalo hide however
       can be a bit difficult to obtain evan as antique military belts in
the shops of Paris. A year ago I tryed unsucessfully to import some moose
hide to use for buff pads from Alberta. The moose hide business was
suffering along with the economy. I wound up gluing some really soft brown
leather (perhaps dear) to the wonderful neoprene wet suit material I
normally use for buff pads. I would like to hear your leather related
stories.      Jack Peters