From:
John Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2008 00:48:50 -0500
>Colin wrote:
>

>Still a little stumped, since 40 USG is surely 151.4 litres. An American
>barrel is 42 USG, or 159 litres.

I guess we learn what's important to us.  When I was traveling around
in the Air Force in days of yore, I learned very quickly the
difference between the U.S. 32-ounce quart and the UK 40-ounce quart
of booze!!!

("Me from Mars, Kemo Sabe.  Take me to your Liter.")

John

P.S.  But seriously, folks, Michael Praetorius was meticulous in his
plates showing musical instruments to include a ruler for the
measurements, but then went and used Brunswick Feet, whatever those
are.  Makes quite a stew.

(Sleep!  Must have sleep!!)

--
John R. Howell