From:
Ray Vukcevich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 13:27:37 -0700
Last night I attended one of the Bach Festival concerts here in Eugene,
Oregon.  There were two harpsichords, and here's some info from the
program notes.  One was made by our own Owen Daly, and was listed as
1987/1995 after Roberto and Federigo Cresci, Livorno, 1778.  It was
played by Boris Kleiner.  We heard Telemann's Concerto No. 2 in D Major
from the "Paris Quartets", Bach's Sonata No. 2 in A major for violin and
obbligato harpsichord, and Telemann's Quartet No. 6 in E minor from
"nouveaux Quatuors."  It was very cool.
The other harpsichord was a French Double after Taskin by William Dowd,
Boston, 1975, and it's mine!  Okay, it's really not.  It's just in the
practice room where I play every day.  I always feel like someone has
stolen it when they take it out for a concert.  Robert Levin played
Bach's Sonata No. 3 in G Minor for Viola da Gamba and Obbligato
Harpsichord on it.

I didn't know we had Owen's instrument.  I must see if I can get a key
to that room, too.

Ray

--
Ray Vukcevich