From:
Ray Lurie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2008 00:17:48 -0500
Quoting Nicholas Bunning <[log in to unmask]>:

> It makes me wonder why Puyana, Ehlers AND Marlowe  would all opt to
> have Landowska's name removed from their instruments?   Maybe she was
> a bitch?

Why partly restore the instrument on something that isn't essential for it to
play?  I assume, Nick, that the history of the instrument is part of why you
wanted it, and if Sylvia Marlowe modified it, that modification is part of its
history.  It sounds like you don't intend on removing the other
"upgrades" that
were performed by Pleyel, so why undo an 'upgrade' that Marlowe herself
apparently wanted?

Ray