From:
Martha Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 08:23:47 -0500
When Zuckermann Harpsichords came out with kits for a Flemish
harpsichord and an Italian virginal in 1973, I bought one of each
with a view to getting into the harpsichord business and having
therewith something to do in my old age.  Looking back at my tax
records, I find that I had some slight income from the rental of the
virginal by the next year, when William F. Buckley came to Atlanta to
record an interview with the local public television station.  The
lady who was to do the interview called me and said that WFB had
agreed to play the harpsichord as part of the interview and could I
provide a harpsichord.  Being an admirer of Mr. Buckley, I took the
virginal to the station on the day appointed, witnessed the interview
and performance, met Mr. Buckley afterwards and shortly thereafter
received a gracious and highly complimentary letter from him.

Walter Bishop