From:
Davitt MORONEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2017 20:10:02 -0800
Since we seem to be making lists, here are a few more names of players who
were well known:
-- Violet Gordon-Woodhouse
-- George Malcolm
-- Ruggero Gerlin
-- Egida Sartori
-- Laura Alvini
-- Albert Fuller
-- Thurston Dart
and more recently (but sadly he died much too young) Nicolau de Figueredo.

I restrict myself in the above list to those who are no longer living, but
I was surprised not to see included among the names of the living the
following:
-- Luigi Ferdinando Tagliavini (more known for his wonderful organ playing,
understandably, but he was a fine harpsichordist as well)
-- Arthur Haas
-- Noelle Spieth
and many others ...

There were also some "famous players" (to use the phrase Claudio used), who
were indeed very well known and active as players, but not as soloists --
people like John Toll, who was a superb continuo player.

Best wishes,
DM

*Davitt Moroney​​Professor Emeritus Department of Music*

*Morrison Hall*

*​University of California, Berkeley​CA 94720-1200*