From:
David Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 00:01:04 -0500
At 22:07 28-02-05, James McCarty wrote:

 >Now here's a question for you. The RK WTK, to my knowledge, is the _only_
 >hpd recording that DG ever released on the yellow DG label, rather than the
 >drab gray Archiv. Why?

I have a 2-LP DG set of Kirkpatrick playing Bach -- a compilation c. 1975.

I recall that I bought it for the Chromatic Fantasy and Fugue.  The BBC was
comparing recordings of this work on their Saturday morning programme
"Building a Library".  I remember vividly that the Kirkpatrick recording
was dismissed summarily, after playing a brief passage.  I recognised it
instantly as the only recording I wanted to listen to and went out and
bought it (the label says £ 3.50).

Also on this double album:

Prelude in C (WTCI)
Fantasia in C minor