From:
David Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 19:50:05 -0400
 > Dear Al,

>sorry to ask, but could you please remind me how to subscribe to harpsichord
>list?  Please mail me the answer to [log in to unmask]
>
>thank you
>
>Viviana Sofronitzki

Interesting, is it not, that this person, who is reputedly trying to
subscribe to the list, and therefore, one assumes, not already a
subscriber, is the only person who has managed to post anything in the past
24 hours?

A couple of weeks ago the excuse for silence was perhaps that nobody wanted
to admit that they were not at BEMF.  I presume that this week these same
people are still cycling back home from Boston.

Obviously it's time to start another thread on wood.

The other day, I was in Florida and idly looking at palm trees (Latin name
unknown to me) and wondering whether these are actually technically trees
and whether one can make anything useful with the trunks.

Anybody know?

david