From:
STEWART JOYCE KULL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2007 18:39:35 +0000
This tool is very slender and smooth, does not remove any wood, works much
the same as the awl but doesn't get "fat" as quickly as you move up from the
point. The point is also flattened, not sharp like the awl. It's much easier
to control the amount of expansion of the hole without worry of going too
far as you might do with too much pressure on an awl.